Interview with A. Nation
Author of A Witch Comes a Haunting
I'm retired and writing as much as I can. I have 20 novels and several novellas published. My genres are science fiction, urban fantasy, and travel mysteries.
Check out my webpage, https://anationauthor.weebly.com/ and https://www.anationauthor.com/
Buy this book
How would you describe <A Witch Comes a Haunting> to a new reader?
- I would describe this as a dark fantasy but still a cozy mystery if that is possible. This is the fourth book in my Urban Fantasy series. Loose ends have to be tied up from my second book. You won't be dissappointed.
What was the inspiration behind <A Witch Comes a Haunting> ?
- Aside from the previous books in the series, I thought I'd try my hand at this character. She's evil, she's beautiful only after she squeezes the life out of someone. Then I wanted to explore how Susan plans to rid her town of this menace.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Agatha Christie for the mysteries.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- A small town in southern Idaho, present time
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Read as much as you can to understand the nuances of grammar and style.
What's your writing process?
- I start after breakfast from morning to lunch, then from 1:00-4:00pm if I don't have life interrupting my day.
Which character in <A Witch Comes a Haunting> has had the greatest impact on readers?
- Susan, she is the main character. Between her and her neighbor, they discover what is going on.
If <iA Witch Comes a Haunting> were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- Someone stout not thin with blond hair for Susan, Someone with dark hair and pretty for the witch.
How have readers responded to <A Witch Comes a Haunting>?
- The author did an excellent job of keeping the reader wondering what would happen next. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more books from this author.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I'm starting the next UF book during Camp nano in July. This may or may not cross paths with my other MC from my Travel series.
Susan and her gnome friend trapped a witch in a mirror prison. When the witch escapes, strange deaths occur in this small Idaho town. Now, Susan and her friends hatch a plan to destroy the witch once and for all.
How will she explain her unusual gift to her new boyfriend?