Interview with Samantha Evans
Author of Ella
My name is Samantha Evans. I am a mother to two amazing boys, and one adorable girl. I work with little ones. Writing is something I have seen as a hobby. Fantasy novels have been my favorite. So my first project is writing a series of four books, and the future is bright! Writing is my life! Something I plan to make my complete job one day!
Buy this book
How would you describe Ella to a new reader?
- It is a book of self awareness. It describes the main characters journey throughout.
What was the inspiration behind Ella ?
- More so from reading J.R.R. Tolkien. How he created his own world. Something I have considered as fasciniating, and something I wanted to do in books. Middle Earth is amazing, and always loved to read about. Plus when reading Game of Thrones books! The Westros was such a fasntastic place!
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- JRR Tolkin, and George Martin. Creating their own world, and cultures!
Can you tell us a little about the locations in the book?
- They are divided into four kingdoms. So the entire place is called The Land of the Four.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors? How would you advise a new author about traditional publishing versus self publishing?
- The advice I would give is never give up. Always think, and brain storm. Writing ideas down by hand was something I love doing! Self Publishing worked better for me. Using Kindle Direct Publishing is so straight foward, and done quickly. Compared to other companies it can take months before books can be published.
What's your writing process?
- Map out the main ideas on paper, before typing it all down.
Which character in Ella has had the greatest impact on readers?
- Probably Liam. He is the protagonist of the story. How he goes through so much to figure out what his true destiny is in the end.
If Ella were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- Oh wow.... That is something I would not know. That would be something I would trust in the writers and people of hollywood more so!
How have readers responded to Ella?
- I have one review so far. Four out of five stars on amazon! Saying it was an enjoyable read, and cannot wait for more!
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I am in the process of writing the sequel to Ella which will be done in a few months.
Prince Liam of Derzeli believes differently in what honor means. King Breen, Liam's father, and Cullen, Liam's brother, believe that true honor is achieved once they slay a dragon. Liam believes that dragons are majestic and do not deserve to die.
King Breen, Liam’s father, brings Liam along on an expedition to slay a dragon. On one of the nights of the expedition, Liam rescued a dragon’s egg. Liam decides to care for it, and it hatches on Liam’s birthday.
Tragedy strikes, which leads to Liam having to leave Derzeli, and Liam goes on the run with the help of Ella the dragon. Ella helps him escape, and runs to a barren wasteland where he saw himself to becoming a hermit for the rest of his life. But due to an event happening with the help of a new friend, and a childhood friend he has no choice but to return home. Having to make the decision to run away from his destiny, or embrace it, the destiny of a king.