Interview with Simon carr
Author of Galactic Wars Administration
satirical science fiction writer from Blackburn in the north of England.
Buy this book
How would you describe Galactic Wars Administration to a new reader?
- its basically a star wars Parody told from the perspective of the background staff on the spaceships.
What was the inspiration behind Galactic Wars Administration ?
- i just finished Our Fathers Who Art in Lapland and fully intended to take a break until the new year but we got put into a second lockdown so i decided to fire out one more book, i suppose the inspiration is Robot Chicken, the star wars parody's on Robot Chicken are one of my favourite things to watch and i love the ones on the inconsequential background charters and their lives.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Douglas Adams, terry pratchet.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- well, as you would expect its the locations from the star wars franchise but with different names.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- do it for the love of story telling because if you go in to it to be successful you will be disappointed and frustrated very quickly.
What's your writing process?
- i just fire out what I can when I can, I have a very busy life as a single dad so I take what time I can get when it presents itself.
Which character in Galactic Wars Administration has had the greatest impact on readers?
- I think Gemma is the one people seem most fond of she gets into a few very funny situations.
If Galactic Wars Administration were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- I would love to see Katherine Tate play Gemma i think she would be hysterical.
How have readers responded to Galactic Wars Administration?
- I only published two days ago so I have not seen any feedback yet.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I have just started a Jules Vern style sci-fi comedy its a genre I have not done yet so I'm having some fun with it.