Interview with A. Nation
Author of Advent of the Robots - Vella
I'm retired and writing as much as I can. I have 20 novels and several novellas published. My genres are science fiction, urban fantasy, and travel mysteries.
Check out my webpage, https://anationauthor.weebly.com/ and https://www.anationauthor.com/
Buy this book
Quick description of the book for a new reader - what should they expect?
- A what-if scenario that could happen in the near future.
What was your inspiration for this book?
- Reading about all the rovers and landers we are sending to Mars.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradberry, Robert Heinlien
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- Space, Mars, Earth. First Mars but the designers are on Earth. The one man that can save us all is on Earth
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Read, read, read as much as you can to get the feel of sentence structure and grammar. Unless you are famous, you have to have correct grammar or you won't make it.
Could you talk a little about your writing process?
- First a story idea, then write the first draft. You don't have to start in the beginning but it helps with forshaddowing. Then read your work, then self edit if you know how or find a good editor that can point out why your errors need a change. Then reread again.
Which character has had the greatest impact on readers?
- Jake Nelson, who saves us all
If the book were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye ?
- I have no idea
How have readers responded ?
- 5 stars! "Let me start off by saying the second episode really gets things moving fast. The thought behind this science fiction is far beyond anything I could think of. I am enjoying this and can’t wait to read what happens next."- M.S.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- My 10th book in my Domino series that I'll put on kindle vella first. This story connects to the Advent of the Robots and answers many questions not present in the vella
This is a kindle vella, the first 3 episodes are free. In our quest to settle Mars for human habitation, we will have to send androids to build the structures. The robots were built to make decisions on their own. Little did the creators expect this new step into space would create a drastic turn of events.