Interview with Ed Green
Author of Flesheaters
Global Selling Author living in Colorado that shook the literary world with his CONTROVERSIALLY ENJOYED :) Graphical Novel YEAR OF THE CICADA.
My Literary Accomplishment's include YEAR OF THE CICADA, FATHER MAY I, DON'T LET THE BEDBUGS BITE 1, 2 & 3, THE FLESHEATERS, JUST JELLIES plus THE GREENMAN'S BEDTIME STORIES.
I'm also a Former Native of Rockport Texas.
My Family are Harvey Survivors and, "unlike my many friends and family who are still in Rockport," I am currently living in Kiowa Colorado with my Best Friend.
I am a Graduate of Rockport-Fulton High, "GO PIRATES," and an Aspiring Author.
"Unbeknown to sum," I am an Ex Carnie and have worked in many different fields including the Fast Food Industry, Oil Field, Retread Tire Industry, Ex UPS driver, and over 15 years in the Lawn and Landscaping world.
I've been an Avid Reader since the first day I could put 2 words together.
My Genres range from Comics, Sci-Fi, Thrillers, Suspense, Horror, Drama and Graphic Novellas.
My Author Idol is Steven King and I So Hope To Meet Him Someday.
HINT, HINT MR. KING. :)
Many of my Passions include Reading, Photography, Gardening, Fishing, Hiking and anything to do with the Mountains and Snow.
And I am a Major dog, "Especially Pugs," addict.
My biggest influences in reading are do to Great Library Teachers, "Mrs. Turner and Mrs. Duggan," and my Addiction to such Authors as Steven King, Jean M. Auel, Terry Brooks and Many Others.
I have been carrying the hand written notes to some of my ideas for a Novel for well over 30 years now and have finally grown tired of procrastinating.
My 1st Published Novel is Year Of The Cicada followed by Father May I,Don't Let the Bedbugs Bite 1, 2 & 3, The Flesheaters, Just Jellies & The Greenman's Bedtime Stories. I'm Currently associated with Breaking Rules Publishing out of St. Petersburg, Fl. Thank You So Much Christopher Clawson for this Great Opportunity.
I am so looking forward to having many Fans, Readers and Hopefully getting to meet my Idol, "Steven King," someday.
Buy this book
How would you describe The Flesheaters to a new reader?
- You have never seen a monster such as this. And if you do, You will Not live long enough to tell anyone about it.
What was the inspiration behind The Flesheaters ?
- Working all alone at night in a metal fabrication shop. The Moving shadows and reflections upon the mirrored surfaces of the sheet metal can really play head games with you.
How will this book affect the reader?
- If they were not a Germaphobe before, They will DEFINATELY BE after reading what they and their hands come across during a daily outing.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in the book?
- This Great Novel takes place in Colorado Springs, Peterson's Air Force Base, The Air Force Academy and The Cheyanne Mountain Complex
What advice would you give to a first time Author?
- If you're any kind of introvert, you must now accept that you have to be an extrovert also. This is do to all the Social Media outlets and Book signings that will now become a part of your daily life if you so wish to succeed.
Do You write everyday?
- I wish that I could say yes; but once I entered the Gladiator Arena that surrounds the literary world of self-promotion, those days can be far and few sometimes.
Which character in The Flesheaters has had the greatest impact on readers?
- That would have to be Barry Brockmore. You just can't help pulling for the guy.
If The Flesheaters were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- I could Definitely see Ty Burrell as the lead character. I Didn't have anyone in mind when writing the story, but he would make The Perfect actor to portray Barry.
How have readers responded to The Flesheaters?
- Many of my friends and family are Ecstatic that someone Finally wrote a book about, "and based," in Colorado.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- My biggest Hurdle right now is building a fan base and trying to do it without a dime. I am currently the epitome of the broke artist so my fate currently lays in the hands of others and my Great Stories.
There are many things in this world that are known. There are also many things that are unknown. Doctor Terry Westbay should have left that door to the unknown closed and unexplored. Sadly, “and to humanity’s detriment,” He Did Not. His cat curiosity opened a doorway to an abyss that contained a creature unlike any other. The Military Scientist Monumental Discovery not only set the Monsters free; but it also released their Ravenous Hunger upon the Entire Planet. And now, “as humans fight for their very existence,” Barry Brockmore has to fight for his; so that he can relay everything he knows so far about the things to their local military leaders. He just hopes that he can get to either Peterson’s Air Force Base, the Academy or the Cheyanne Mountain Complex in time. “If his mission is unsuccessful,” there may be no stopping what he was calling a Flesheater. He, “like others the newsman has seen,” will end up being their next meal and all hope of stopping them will possibly be lost. The former Atheist just hopes that his newfound belief in God, will be enough to accomplish this daunting feet. Right, God?