Interview with A. Nation
Author of Annie's Journey
I'm retired and writing as much as I can. I have 16 novels and a few novellas published. My genres are science fiction, urban fantasy, and travel mysteries
Buy this book
How would you describe <Annie's Journey> to a new reader?
- This book is a historical fiction based on my grandmother's early life.
What was the inspiration behind <iAnnie's Journey> ?
- Research into my grandmother's past
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Agatha Christie, Rita Mae Brown, Isaac Asmimov
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- This story travels through Poland, Germany, and the Atlantic Ocean during 1904
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Read, read, and read more, then watch tons of movies in your genre.
What's your writing process?
- I think of a scenerio for a few days, then start writing down how it came to be
Which character in <Annie's Journey> has had the greatest impact on readers?
- Annie herself and her endurance to survive
If <Annie's Journey> were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- I'm not up to date on current actors
How have readers responded to <Annie's Journey>?
- It had just been released but my family loves it
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I'm working on the next Secrets of Arret, the Eye of the Kingdom, the 3rd book in the series
It was 1904 when many governments in Europe were forcing many ethnic groups out of their countries. Annie was fourteen at the time when her parents took their five children across the land and the Atlantic Ocean to New York City. This historical fiction reminises the trials all immigrants made in the early 1900s.