Interview with Simon carr
Author of Khaos Has Come
satirical science fiction writer from Blackburn in the north of England.
Buy this book
Quick description of the book for a new reader - what should they expect?
- It's the epic conclusion to the apocalypse blockers series, bringing together everyone in one final battle.
What was your inspiration for this book?
- All my previous books in the series.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett. You can see their influence in all my books.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- It's everywhere, several universes, the quantum Rhealm and three separate versions of earth.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Just write and keep writing when you stop is when you give up.
Could you talk a little about your writing process?
- I write every day as you would with any other job.
Which character has had the greatest impact on readers?
- Hard to pin down just one, I think villager number 3 is in with a shout for MVP
If the book were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye ?
- Defanatly The Rock as Rick Toenail.
How have readers responded ?
- They really enjoy this one and most are in agreement that it's the best book of the series.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- Next I'm doing a story based on mythology staring a Cyclops, One-eyed Cy gets Somthing to Do.
There was always one point, one moment in all of reality where everything that was will fight for everything that might be.
It’s this point; well, several points but all happening at the same time, well not the same time.
It’s super complicated, some question whether it really happened at all, or will happen, don’t listen to those people they just don’t understand super complicated stuff.