Interview with andy russell
Author of "A Book Life in America"
Buy this book
How would you describe A Book to a new reader?
- It is a compilation of 20 years of notes on various topics from politics to Faith to invention ideas to mental health issues, from race relations to propaganda to Erie, Pa., to abortion and anything in between.
What was the inspiration behind A Book ?
- I always wanted to write a book and over the years compiled notes. This book is using only a small fragment of those notes.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- I really don't read much anymore but when I did or do it is usually Biblical or in the past, politics, namely conservatism. I liked reading both black and white conservatives as well as history and also Bible books.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in the book?
- Erie, Pa. which is where I live.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors? How would you advise a new author about traditional publishing versus self publishing?
- Just write all the time and I don't know about publishing as I don't have enough money to go that route.
What's your writing process?
- Just whatever comes to mind.
Which character in A Book has had the greatest impact on readers?
- There is no one character.
If A Book were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- It is not that type of book.
How have readers responded to A Book ?
- I have not sold many copies but I had two reviews online and I got a 4 out of 5 and a 5 out of 5.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I just want to market this book because financially I am struggling and writing is one of the few things I am good at.