Interview with Ed Green
Author of Father May I
Global Selling Author living in Colorado that shook the literary world with his CONTROVERSIALLY ENJOYED :) Graphical Novel YEAR OF THE CICADA.
My Literary Accomplishment's include YEAR OF THE CICADA, FATHER MAY I, DON'T LET THE BEDBUGS BITE 1, 2 & 3, THE FLESHEATERS, JUST JELLIES plus THE GREENMAN'S BEDTIME STORIES.
I'm also a Former Native of Rockport Texas.
My Family are Harvey Survivors and, "unlike my many friends and family who are still in Rockport," I am currently living in Kiowa Colorado with my Best Friend.
I am a Graduate of Rockport-Fulton High, "GO PIRATES," and an Aspiring Author.
"Unbeknown to sum," I am an Ex Carnie and have worked in many different fields including the Fast Food Industry, Oil Field, Retread Tire Industry, Ex UPS driver, and over 15 years in the Lawn and Landscaping world.
I've been an Avid Reader since the first day I could put 2 words together.
My Genres range from Comics, Sci-Fi, Thrillers, Suspense, Horror, Drama and Graphic Novellas.
My Author Idol is Steven King and I So Hope To Meet Him Someday.
HINT, HINT MR. KING. :)
Many of my Passions include Reading, Photography, Gardening, Fishing, Hiking and anything to do with the Mountains and Snow.
And I am a Major dog, "Especially Pugs," addict.
My biggest influences in reading are do to Great Library Teachers, "Mrs. Turner and Mrs. Duggan," and my Addiction to such Authors as Steven King, Jean M. Auel, Terry Brooks and Many Others.
I have been carrying the hand written notes to some of my ideas for a Novel for well over 30 years now and have finally grown tired of procrastinating.
My 1st Published Novel is Year Of The Cicada followed by Father May I,Don't Let the Bedbugs Bite 1, 2 & 3, The Flesheaters, Just Jellies & The Greenman's Bedtime Stories. I'm Currently associated with Breaking Rules Publishing out of St. Petersburg, Fl. Thank You So Much Christopher Clawson for this Great Opportunity.
I am so looking forward to having many Fans, Readers and Hopefully getting to meet my Idol, "Steven King," someday.
Buy this book
How would you describe Father May I, to a new reader?
- "Instead of the usual," Artificial Intelligence Is out to get us the Second we turn it on, Father will Love us all.
What was the inspiration behind Father May I ?
- Just realized one day that we never see a book were the Quantum Computer unconditionally embraces us.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- I Greatly Admire Steven King. Other than my first book could have been written by him, his influence, "along with my dads," helped lay the darkened foundation my writing career is based upon.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in the book?
- Father May I takes place in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Espanola, Dixon and Taos New Mexico.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors? How would you advise a new author about traditional publishing versus self publishing?
- Unless Your Actually on some kind of deadline, TAKE YOUR TIME. I'm all for traditional publishing, just know that you'll probably win the lottery before getting a golden ticket from them. But, Good Luck if you go that rout.
What's your writing process?
- I Try to write 1 chapter a day with a minimum of 10 pages. Then when I'm editing, I do my best to add more by filling in any and all gaps concerning the story at that time.
Which character in Father May I has had the greatest impact on readers?
- It would either be Iris Bennett or Father Himself
If Father May I were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- I Definitely could see Keanu Reeves playing Corbin Bennett. never had anyone specific in mind when writing the character.
How have readers responded to Father May I?
- It's my publishers Favorite book from me so far.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- It seems that Social Media and Marketing are currently taking up a lot of my valuable time right now. I hope to finally get M.A.D. finished so that I can move on to a Great story called Real Skin.
Do to our lack of fortitude and with the Definite threat of extinction; We, "the human race," surrendered our will, safety and future, to an A.I's quantum solutions and capabilities. The digital savior had an answer, "and quick fix," to all of our sufferings and, "soon to be," extinction. "All we had to do," was call Him Father.