Interview with shelise speed
Author of Scarlett Fever
Fondly nicknamed Madame Whiplash, J.R Hope is a fun-loving author, she stems from a small town in the heart of Lancashire, a mum of 5 who is engaged to a sci-fi author she normally enjoys writing poems, she has a passion for reading and decided to use her very innovative and vivid imagination as well as her open and at times seductive mind.
She enjoys reading a wide variety of books from 50 shades to Stephen King to Sci-Fi novels
Writing for her is fun, she wants her readers to enjoy her books while being transported to a fantasy world when only their imagination is the limit
Buy this book
How would you describe Scarlett Fever to a new reader?
- An adult fiction book about a woman discovering herself and learning about all things sexual
What was the inspiration behind Scarlett Fever ?
- A take on fantasy, sexual liberation and education
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- The books I tend to read are the opposite of what i have wrote about, the main thing i have taken from my favourite authors are that the only limits to what i can do is my own imagination
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- London area, big city scene
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Never give up
What's your writing process?
- music on sat at the laptop and let my fingers go free
Which character in Scarlett Fever has had the greatest impact on readers?
- I would like to think Scarlett but possibly Jarrod
If Scarlett Fever were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- Rebel Wilson as Scarlett
How have readers responded to Scarlett Fever?
- They have been very positive although not had much
Where next? What are you working on now?
- Sci-fi type book as well as a poetry book