Interview with Gabriel Lombardo
Author of A Game of Greed and Deception
Buy this book
Why do I write suspense and thriller books?
- I grew up watching horror movies and reading thriller books, and became a huge fan of Stephen King and Dean Koontz at a very young age.
What was the inspiration behind A Game of Greed and Deception?
- I wanted to create a complex psychological thriller book where the characters are all trying to manipulate one another, but only one can come out on top. If you think Gone Girl has great twists, then my book is for you.
Which author has influenced you the most?
- Stephen King. He creates unforgettable and vivid scenes and keep the reading pining for more.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- It takes place in a remote cabin in a small, freezing cold and snow-covered Colorado town in January.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Be patient and always keep learning
What's your writing process?
- One day at a time. I get more writing ideas before I go to sleep at night and am laying in bed.
Which character in A Game of Greed and Deception has had the greatest impact on readers?
If A Game of Greed and Deception were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- I wrote this book with the idea that it would make a great film. The lead character is Tammy Worthington and I could see Jennifer Lawrence fitting the bill.
How have readers responded to your story?
- They have been surprised by the ending. I have received some criticism about some strong language used in my books. But that is my style...I have real characters, some of who have nasty personalities.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- My next new release is called "Grandmother's Dollhouse: A Tale of Wicked Magic".
*** I write under the pen name John Mathews ***
When the charming Tammy Worthington takes her wealthy husband and step-daughter on a holiday weekend in the Colorado mountains, she has purely sinister intentions. Her husband is killed in a tragic auto accident, just as she had planned...and now her pending fortune awaits her.
Or does it? With no body to be found in the wreckage, he just becomes a missing person, and Tammy is seemingly trapped inside the cabin with someone stalking her from outside. Could he possibly have known what she was up to and planned his revenge?
What ensues is a deadly game of cat and mouse. A sick and psychotic woman driven by her soulless greed quickly turns from the hunter to the prey. The scenes include deadly traps and medieval torture devices, hidden doors and rooms, and an underground labyrinth of torture chambers that are not for the feint of heart.
This psychological thriller is much more than just a murder mystery, and is so devious that it is set up to fool the State police investigation. This deadly game of deception will keep you guessing until the final scene delivers a real shock that you won't soon forget.