Interview with Samantha Evans
Author of The Secret Son
My name is Samantha Evans. I am a mother to two amazing boys, and one adorable girl. I work with little ones. Writing is something I have seen as a hobby. Fantasy novels have been my favorite. So my first project is writing a series of four books, and the future is bright! Writing is my life! Something I plan to make my complete job one day!
Buy this book
How would you describe <The Secret Sin> to a new reader?
- It is the third book to the series I have been writing. The continuing story of King Liam three years following what happened in the second book.
What was the inspiration behind <The Secret Son> ?
- Liam meets this mysterious bo. He has no idea who his father is. Liam wants to help, and the more he does secrets are revealed.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- I have loved fantasy authors like George RR Martin, JRR Tolkin, and CS Lewis
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- Takes place in Derzeli which has been a main location in the past two books. Also you go to Skhof which is a snowing region that Liam never went to before until this story.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Never give up!
What's your writing process?
- Never give up!
Which character in <The Secret Son> has had the greatest impact on readers?
- Henry will. Because he is a teenager, and not knowing who her father is.
If <The Secret Son> were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- That would be up to the person writing the screenplay. I would collaborate with the screenplay writer and see who would play the right roles.
How have readers responded to <The Secret Son?
- So far all five-star reviews!
Where next? What are you working on now?
- Working on a prequel/novella. Then in July, I am going to start writing the final book of the Land of the Four Series.
Three years have gone by in perfect harmony. One day when going to a funeral for a dear friend of his fathers, Liam meets a mysterious boy. A boy does not know much of who he truly is. Liam helps him, and what he discovers is something he was not expecting or wanting to find out.