Interview with Yvonne Rediger
Author of Fun With Funerals
Author of Musgrave Landing Mysteries, Adam Norcross Mysteries, VIC Shapeshifter mysteries, and stand alone fiction.
Buy this book
How would you describe Fun with Funerals to a new reader?
- Cozy mystery set on an island village in the Pacific Northwest. The family has many secrets, and one is coming back to haunt Alicia Highmere.
What was the inspiration behind Fun with Funerals ?
- I had an abandoned mansion in the first book in the series, I wanted to see where it would take me.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Linwood Barkley and Ann Cleese's humour and wit are a joy. I want to grow up to be just like them!
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- I loved living in the Pacific Northwest and felt it was the perfect location for Musgrave Landing Mysteries.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Find good beta reader who will tell you the unvarnished truth.
What's your writing process?
- No music, no distractions, and write until my goal word count, usually 1k is reached each day.
Which character in Fun with Funerals has had the greatest impact on readers?
- Arlie Birch, he has no filter, but makes people laugh.
If Fun With Funerals were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- I’d like Bryce to be played by Austin Eckert, I had him in mind for Bryce Graham.
How have readers responded to 'insert title'?
- Very generous reviews and feedback!
Where next? What are you working on now?
- Musgrave landing Mysteries, book 4, as yet untitled.
Alicia Highmere is heading home, back to Musgrave Landing after a call from her mother’s care home. Accompanied by her bodyguard, Bryce Graham, Alicia won’t know until she gets there that Olivia Frost-Highmere is manipulating events regarding the estranged family members to suit her agenda.
Part of the reason the family has fallen out is due to the disappearance of Allister Highmere, some twenty years ago. Alicia’s father vanished without a trace upsetting the family company and leaving the seat of CEO vacant. Uncle Hugo had his eye on the power seat and accused Olivia of murder, to get it, but is it murder if there’s no body?