Interview with Tammy Campbell Brooks
Author of Brilliant Daye
Tammy Campbell Brooks is a native of San Antonio, Texas where she resides with her husband and two children.
She enjoys reading, writing, and studying American history as hobbies.
The Ghetto Blues is her debut book written about true events that occurred in her life.
The successor of The Ghetto Blues novel, "Daddy Issues" is set to be released in 2020.
Tammy released a short poetry and quotes read, "Unapologetic Poetic" on August 06, 2018 that's dedicated to her sister, Terrie Campbell Thornton.
Tammy and her daughter, Tahirah are the authors of a two book young adult fiction series, Tar Baby and Tar Baby 2(Tianna's Story) Available on Amazon.
Buy this book
How would you describe Brilliant Daye to a new reader?
- Brilliant Daye is a young adult fiction novel that focuses on a prodigy who is determined to take on many challenges to make her community a better place.
What was the inspiration behind Brilliant Daye?
- Brilliant Daye is a unique novel. I wanted to write about what goes on in communities and how we could effectively make a difference.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- There are too many to name. We have brilliant writers that are not in the mainstream.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- Brilliant Daye takes place in San Antonio and Houston Texas.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- It is not easy to write a book, if so, everyone would be doing it. Write what you enjoy and even if you don't sell one copy, you would have accomplished more than most who never tried.
What's your writing process?
- I love writing early in the morning and I write without an outline. My ideas and stories are created on the fly. The benefit of my writing process is that I never get writer's block.
Which character in Brilliant Daye has had the greatest impact on readers?
- Brilliant Daye and her family
If Brilliant Daye were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- I would love to see Keke Palmer as Brilliant Daye.
How have readers responded to Brilliant Daye?
- It's a new release so I hope for the best.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- Brilliant Daye is a three-part series, so I'm working on book 2.
Billy Daye, the star quarterback and Sasha West, the hottest cheerleader meet in high school. Billy needs to pass his algebra class to be eligible to play in the football game. Sasha doesn’t tutor jocks because she feels that they are all dumb, but will she make an exception to the rule and tutor Billy?
Barbara Knight is Sasha’s cousin and has taken upon the task to try and help Billy pass algebra. The only problem is that he doesn’t want Barbara to tutor him, his love interest is her cousin.
There are many events that will join Billy, Barbara, and Sasha together as they will forever be entangled, either by friendship or love.
This three-part series will introduce you to a young prodigy, Brilliant Daye that will show her community how to unite, buy land, and create generational wealth.
Brilliant Daye sees the beauty in all people and feels that anyone could be reformed and that includes her late grandfather’s murderer.
Find out how Brilliant Daye will change her community one day at a time