Interview with Ira Alice
Author of The Sunny Adventure
Buy this book
How would you describe <The Sunny Adventure> to a new reader?
- This is a story that must teach you not only how to be a true friend, but also it teaches you what it means love, courage, kindness.
What was the inspiration behind <The Sunny Adventure> ?
- It was a photoshoot with a fox. When I take this cute animal I was so excited... and I decided to write a fairy tale about her.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- I love the book "Charlotte's Web" written by E.B. White. It inspires me all the time.
Also, I am admired by the writing of Beatrix Potter.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- That is the autumn forest with enormous trees, a pond, a river, a hill, a cabbage field...
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Never give up. To write, write, write...
Which character in <The Sunny Adventure> has had the greatest impact on readers?
- I think it is a frog. Because he did a lot for his new friend, helped in different situations, was with a fox until the end of the journey.
If <The Sunny Adventure> were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- This is a funny question. No doubts, it should be a great cartoon from The Walt Disney company.
How have readers responded to <The Sunny Adventure>?
- Most of them liked the story, of course. But someone does not. But it is okay, you cannot please everyone. I have learned my mistakes and now I understand how to improve my writing skills. That's an invaluable lesson for me. Writing is always searching for something new, new experiences.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I am working on new stories for children. My next book will be also about animals, the main character is a hare.
Mother Fox asked her little daughter to go hunting and get some food for the very first time in her life. The little fox decided to catch the Sun since it looked very appetizing. Going in search of it, the girl had no idea she would meet a little toad Loudcroak who would become her faithful friend.
This charming adventure story is filled with kindness, courage, and faith, teaching children how true friendship overcomes any obstacles.