Interview with shelise speed
Author of Make it happen
Fondly nicknamed Madame Whiplash, J.R Hope is a fun-loving author, she stems from a small town in the heart of Lancashire, a mum of 5 who is engaged to a sci-fi author she normally enjoys writing poems, she has a passion for reading and decided to use her very innovative and vivid imagination as well as her open and at times seductive mind.
She enjoys reading a wide variety of books from 50 shades to Stephen King to Sci-Fi novels
Writing for her is fun, she wants her readers to enjoy her books while being transported to a fantasy world when only their imagination is the limit
Buy this book
How would you describe make it happen to a new reader?
- This is a very personal collections of poems I wrote when times were hard or tough, to remember loved ones that are no longer here or to just let out feelings that have been pent up
What was the inspiration behind make it happen ?
- A very special person knew I wrote poems and bought me a folder to keep them in, the words on the front t of the folder were make it happen, the person very recently passed away, i based the front cover of the book on this folder, it had a very sentimental place in my heart
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- I love to read, I love books, I like Slyvia Day, Stephen King, E.L James and Simon Carr but mostly I lacked the confidence but my fiance is a writer too his books are funny, sci fi and satirical but he has overcome an awful lot to write and his passion, drive and in me inspired me more than anything to go out and do it
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- There isn't one specific place this are based pretty much from the heart
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- To never give up, to have faith in yourself, to believe and to share your work with the world because as long as there is just one person who likes your work then that's all that matters
What's your writing process?
- I often have music playing, I sit to a table, music either playing out loud or through headphones and I open my mind let my imagination kick in and let my fingers just go, to let it flow rather than trying to force something
Which character in make it happen has had the greatest impact on readers?
- The poem book doesn't have any main characters but there are two poems that I love the best, they were both wrote to and for other people, they had the most effect, was taken how I intended them to be and I love them, they are called UNIQUE & DEAREST
If make it happen were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- I would love to hear either Anthony Stewart Head or David Tennant read them
How have readers responded to make it happen?
- So far all positive, friends have said the poems have affected them emotionally but it is early days
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I am writing a period adult book, Tudor times, fantasy and sex, then I have been requested to start a Scarlett Fever 2 by numerous people so that too is going to be worked on