Interview with Gabriel Lombardo
Author of The Conviction: Enacting Vigilante Justice
Buy this book
How would you describe The Conviction to a new reader?
- Fast-paced, plenty of action, and traps and twists that will keep you guessing.
What was the inspiration behind The Conviction?
- I loved the movie "Law Abiding Citizen", and that inspired me to come up with my own vigilante justice thriller.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Stephen King and Dean Koontz.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- It takes place inside a big, abandoned warehouse, where someone has lured 4 people to complete challenges for their corruption.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Patience and determination with your writing.
What's your writing process?
- slow and steady, one day at a time.
Which character in The Conviction has had the greatest impact on readers?
If The Conviction were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
How have readers responded to The Conviction?
- Most readers have liked the plot and action, and we're really surprised by the ending.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I am working on my next new release, "Grandmother's Dollhouse: A Tale of Wicked Magic"
*** My pen name is John Mathews ***
Two criminals are responsible for an innocent man getting sentenced to life in prison for murder. An inept defense attorney and a crooked prosecutor let these criminals serve short sentences with a bogus plea deal.
The four of them have been lured into a trap in an abandoned warehouse. Someone wants vengeance. This is a story of justice for the wrongfully convicted. Marked doors lead to four locked rooms, one where each of them will have to pay a price for what they have done. What will they be required to do in order to survive? Will they risk their lives and make amends for what they've done to set everything right again, or face unspeakable punishments?
This puts the US Justice System in public view and will keep you guessing until the very last scene. A dark masked figure watches and waits. See if you can figure out who really wants vigilante justice in this revenge story.