Interview with Ed Green
Author of Year Of The Cicada
Global Selling Author living in Colorado that shook the literary world with his CONTROVERSIALLY ENJOYED :) Graphical Novel YEAR OF THE CICADA.
My Literary Accomplishment's include YEAR OF THE CICADA, FATHER MAY I, DON'T LET THE BEDBUGS BITE 1, 2 & 3, THE FLESHEATERS, JUST JELLIES plus THE GREENMAN'S BEDTIME STORIES.
I'm also a Former Native of Rockport Texas.
My Family are Harvey Survivors and, "unlike my many friends and family who are still in Rockport," I am currently living in Kiowa Colorado with my Best Friend.
I am a Graduate of Rockport-Fulton High, "GO PIRATES," and an Aspiring Author.
"Unbeknown to sum," I am an Ex Carnie and have worked in many different fields including the Fast Food Industry, Oil Field, Retread Tire Industry, Ex UPS driver, and over 15 years in the Lawn and Landscaping world.
I've been an Avid Reader since the first day I could put 2 words together.
My Genres range from Comics, Sci-Fi, Thrillers, Suspense, Horror, Drama and Graphic Novellas.
My Author Idol is Steven King and I So Hope To Meet Him Someday.
HINT, HINT MR. KING. :)
Many of my Passions include Reading, Photography, Gardening, Fishing, Hiking and anything to do with the Mountains and Snow.
And I am a Major dog, "Especially Pugs," addict.
My biggest influences in reading are do to Great Library Teachers, "Mrs. Turner and Mrs. Duggan," and my Addiction to such Authors as Steven King, Jean M. Auel, Terry Brooks and Many Others.
I have been carrying the hand written notes to some of my ideas for a Novel for well over 30 years now and have finally grown tired of procrastinating.
My 1st Published Novel is Year Of The Cicada followed by Father May I,Don't Let the Bedbugs Bite 1, 2 & 3, The Flesheaters, Just Jellies & The Greenman's Bedtime Stories. I'm Currently associated with Breaking Rules Publishing out of St. Petersburg, Fl. Thank You So Much Christopher Clawson for this Great Opportunity.
I am so looking forward to having many Fans, Readers and Hopefully getting to meet my Idol, "Steven King," someday.
Buy this book
Is this your first published work.
How long did it take to complete this book.
- 6 years
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- I have been told that it's very Stephen Kingish. I find great honor in this since I'm his biggest fan.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in the book?
- Year of the cicada is based in a town called Harmony. Its cursed foundation was built upon the blood of the natives who were killed for the land.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors? How would you advise a new author about traditional publishing versus self publishing?
- Until you sign you & your lifes work away, always remember that you're not on a deadline. So, take your time, edit it patiently and do your research before just picking a publisher. I like most authors would have loved to have been picked by a traditional publisher. But then again, I have a better chance of winning the lottery before that golden ticket is awarded. And by going with an Indie Publisher, I'm never on a deadline to produce a set amount of books.
What's your writing process?
- My daily goal, "from start to finish," is to write a minimum of a 10pg chapter.
Which character in YEAR OF THE CICADA, has had the greatest impact on readers?
- The pedophile Bob Hatchet, Harmony's Chief of Police
If Year Of The Cicada were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- Lady Gaga / Marilyn Monroe.
How have readers responded to Year Of The Cicada.?
- The novel is Extremely Graphic & those that tend to be a little more religious than others haven't been able to make it more than 50pgs in.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I'm currently working on the very first novel that I started over 30yrs ago. M.A.D. Malphas Angelo Dumas, the Angelic Demon who reaps with whispers.