Interview with Allen Stanfill
Author of Children Of The Cursed
My name is Allen Stanfill, I live in Powell Wyoming with my wife and two kids. I enjoy reading a writing books.
Buy this book
How would you describe Children Of The Cursed to a new reader?
- An action packed highly addictive fantasy read.
What was the inspiration behind Children Of The Cursed?
- My kiddo's wanted me to write a book they would enjoy. So yeah.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Stephen King, RL Stein, Patterson, to name a few. Honestly I want to write with my own style.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in the book?
- I would prefer the reader to pick up a copy and learn about the locations. But I will say it adds depth to the story. And those locations will be unforgettable.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors? How would you advise a new author about traditional publishing versus self publishing?
- Never give up, keep writing if it's something your passionate about no matter what others may say. It's hard to get your book published traditionally. Self publishing can be the way to go at first. But watch out for the scammers they are many.
What's your writing process?
- Don't really have one. I am a fly by the seat of my pants type writer.
Which character in Children Of The Cursed has had the greatest impact on readers?
- So far I would say Caine. Everybody seems to hate him, think I did good at making him a great villan. Love that reaction people have towards him.
If Children Of The Cursed were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- Not sure, guess I never really thought about it that much. Perhaps Henry Cavill as and adult Leon. Didn't have anyone in mind when I wrote that character.
How have readers responded to Children Of The Cursed?
- Great. Have many amazing reviews on Goodreads. Readers really seem to have enjoyed the story and characters that I created.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- Another fantasy book is next. Definitely working on the second book in the Children Of The Cursed series.
In a kingdom in turmoil, people only care for riches and power. As a war breaks out between countries, a godly power is awakening.
Two boys train at the Academy to become Knights of Valor. Best friends, one is filled with light while the other leans towards darkness.
They both have the power to change the world - or destroy it - in their battle for what they believe is right.