Interview with Sally Dawes
Author of The Vine Cross
Hi, I'm a mum of three who enjoys writing thrillers in my spare time.
Buy this book
What was the inspiration of the title?
- The brand and name of the sect portrayed in the book.
What was the inspiration the main characters?
- I wanted to have two strong characters who both owned their own baggage but saw something in each other that gave them strength.
Which authors do you admire?
- I love Helen fields books and katerina diamond, particularly the dynamics between the characters.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- I used my home town of Newark in Notts UK.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Write your story.
What's your writing process?
- Keep stopping and going back to it with a clear set of eyes.
Which character has had the greatest impact on readers?
- I hope everyone finds someone they like or empathise with, and I'd say the two lead characters are very different but compliment each other.
If the Vine Cross were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- I'd cast Jesse Lee soffer and Sofia Bush, they're who I thought of.
How have readers responded to the Vine cross?
- Really well, the story has got many good reviews.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I'm working on its sequel.