Interview with Samantha Evans
Author of The Other Side
My name is Samantha Evans. I am a mother to two amazing boys, and one adorable girl. I work with little ones. Writing is something I have seen as a hobby. Fantasy novels have been my favorite. So my first project is writing a series of four books, and the future is bright! Writing is my life! Something I plan to make my complete job one day!
Buy this book
How would you describe The Other Side to the reader?
- The final novel in the Land of the Four Series. To sum up the story of King Liam with one final book.
What was the inspiration behind The Other Side?
- It is simple. Just writing one final book to summarize everything. To have a happy ending
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- I love J.R.R. Tolkien and George R.R. Martin. Both amazing storytellers. All about to describe the world, and land around them.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- It has all the settings that were in the other books. The only new setting is what is called, The Other Side. Another place of existence where Liam has to go to.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- If you have a story, then please tell it!
What's your writing process?
- Wring it all down on paper. Once you have an idea, then make the story real.
Which character in The Other Side has had the greatest impact on readers?
- Henry. Due to how his story started in the 3rd book, it was a way of showing redemption in the 4th and final book.
If The Other Side were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- That I would have no idea!
How have readers responded to The Other Side?
- A Review from Amazon: "First there was ELLA, followed by BLOOD BROTHERS, then THE SECRET SON, and now the author has gifted us with THE OTHER SIDE. And if this fourth book is, indeed, the last book in The Land of the Four series, Samantha Evans has certainly crafted a perfect ending. The OTHER SIDE is full of surprising twists and turns, and the writing kept me absolutely riveted. The whole series gets five stars from me. Highly recommended!"
Where next? What are you working on now?
- Just finished a brand new novel that will be the beginning of a new series. I am also going to write a brand new spin-off as well in the future.
Years have passed since the falling out of what happened to Henry. Now Liam’s daughter’s birthday is approaching, and he wants to make her happy. While planning to have his daughter’s birthday go without a hitch, he learns his trustful advisor keeps a secret. A secret that can lead to the one thing Liam does not want. To have once more adventure that leads to him protecting his home and the people he loves. Can Liam face one more adventure and succeed?