Interview with A. Nation
Author of Mystery Along the Colorado
I'm retired and writing as much as I can. I have 16 novels and a few novellas published. My genres are science fiction, urban fantasy, and travel mysteries
Buy this book
How would you describe <Mystery Along the Colorado> to a new reader?
- A travel cozy mystery
What was the inspiration behind <Mystery Along the Colorado> ?
- I've been to this part of Colorado and since C-19 prevented me from traveling, I decided to focus my MC in this story.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Agatha Christie, Isaac Asimov, Mary Higgins, J.A. Jance
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- It takes place near Grand Junction and Montrose, Colorado. However, in the story I changed the town name to Junction and Montigue.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Read as much as you can thoughout grade/high school and save everything you write.
What's your writing process?
- I make a list of the scenes I need to start. I work on one scene at a time
Which character in <Mystery Along the Colorado> has had the greatest impact on readers?
- Rosetta Blessing
If <Mystery Along the Colorado> were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- The Rosetta I met in Europe
How have readers responded to <Mystery Along the Colorado>?
- Currently, this is in preorder and will be released July 1, 2021
Where next? What are you working on now?
- A novella about my grandmother who traveled in steerage across the Atlantic Ocean in 1904