Interview with A. Nation
Author of Eye of the Matrix - (Book 1 in the Quest series)
I'm retired and writing as much as I can. I have 20 novels and several novellas published. My genres are science fiction, urban fantasy, and travel mysteries.
Check out my webpage, https://anationauthor.weebly.com/ and https://www.anationauthor.com/
Buy this book
How would you describe <Eye of the Matrix> to a new reader?
- A young adult science fiction adventure to another planet
What was the inspiration behind <Eye of the Matrix> ?
- I already had wrote about this character as a toddler so I started this series when he is in his teens
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Isaac Asimov, Agatha Christie
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- First it starts on Mars, then on a spacecraft to the alien planet.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors? How would you advise a new author about traditional publishing versus self publishing?
- Read as much as you can from several different genres.
What's your writing process?
- When I'm free for the day, I write all morning and in the afternoon
Which character in <Eye of the Matrix> has had the greatest impact on readers?
- Nathan, he's still unsure of his place in the universe at the age of fifteen. As the story grows, so does he.
If <Eye of the Matrix> were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- I have no idea. I'm not familiar with the current list of young actors.
How have readers responded to <Eye of the Matrix>?
- I enjoyed reading this book. Nate appears as a little boy in some of the author's other books and it's really fun seeing him "grown up" and off on his own adventures. - C.P.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I'm working on the sequel, Eye of the Throne. This will be bigger and better on the MC growth and what this strange planet he's on has to offer.