Interview with Tracy Lee Tyler
Author of DEFINING YOU: SADES METAMORPHOSIS
Buy this book
How would you describe DEFINING YOU: SADES METAMORPHOSIS to a new reader?
- DEFINING YOU is a part of the Loving Me serious. It is a story about all types of up and downs a person can experience throughout there lives. This book is a series of self-motivation books that will help you love who you are in the skin that you are in. We all have a past and sometimes we allow our past to define who we will become. I often wonder about the mind and how it works. The bible speaks of a double minded man and his unstable ways. There is true reasoning behind this concept. You are what you believe you are. Often we exhibit multiple faces. In the public eye, we are happy and vibrant but behind closed doors we are angry, sad, and self-destructive. Mainly because no one truly invested in our progression by instilling self-love in our lives. No one really told us that we can be successful, we can be prosperous and we can love and be loved without negative motives or goals. No one ever told us that our past can be a testimony to a successful future. Bad things happen to good people yet bad things do not have to contribute to us being bad people. The mind is the key to this all. I believe that we can make the body heal itself by utilizing modern medicine and keeping a positive outlook on life in general. Your mind has to remain focused on stability.
What was the inspiration behind DEFINING YOU ?
- My life. I have had so many ups and downs in life and I came out on top. I know my story can help someone else. After all we are here as a testimony for others.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- So many. I admire John Grishman. His ability to capture you from the initial start is incredible.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- The book is currently located on Amazon as an ebook. It is a quick short story that is the introduction to the entire series. A must read.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Never give up on your dreams. Never. God will always give the resources and way to get your story out there.
What's your writing process?
- I put everything on paper as it comes to me. Then I go back and reedit.
Which character in DEFINING YOU has had the greatest impact on readers?
- SADE is the main character. She takes you through the various settings and times in her life to show how she succeeded or the bumps she encountered. But knowing that Sade could get through this anyone can.
If DEFINING YOU were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- Angela Basset or Angelina Jolie Voight
How have readers responded to DEFINING YOU?
- Sales are slow but I have had a good amount.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- SADE: FRESH START
The second book in the series
This is a self-help book that will assist in learning to love the who you are as a person. It is meant to help through the process of understanding who you are and how to become a better YOU. All things work together for the good regardless of what we experience in life. We must believe that there is purpose for our life.