Interview with Ed Green
Author of Just Jellies
Global Selling Author living in Colorado that shook the literary world with his CONTROVERSIALLY ENJOYED :) Graphical Novel YEAR OF THE CICADA.
My Literary Accomplishment's include YEAR OF THE CICADA, FATHER MAY I, DON'T LET THE BEDBUGS BITE 1, 2 & 3, THE FLESHEATERS, JUST JELLIES plus THE GREENMAN'S BEDTIME STORIES.
I'm also a Former Native of Rockport Texas.
My Family are Harvey Survivors and, "unlike my many friends and family who are still in Rockport," I am currently living in Kiowa Colorado with my Best Friend.
I am a Graduate of Rockport-Fulton High, "GO PIRATES," and an Aspiring Author.
"Unbeknown to sum," I am an Ex Carnie and have worked in many different fields including the Fast Food Industry, Oil Field, Retread Tire Industry, Ex UPS driver, and over 15 years in the Lawn and Landscaping world.
I've been an Avid Reader since the first day I could put 2 words together.
My Genres range from Comics, Sci-Fi, Thrillers, Suspense, Horror, Drama and Graphic Novellas.
My Author Idol is Steven King and I So Hope To Meet Him Someday.
HINT, HINT MR. KING. :)
Many of my Passions include Reading, Photography, Gardening, Fishing, Hiking and anything to do with the Mountains and Snow.
And I am a Major dog, "Especially Pugs," addict.
My biggest influences in reading are do to Great Library Teachers, "Mrs. Turner and Mrs. Duggan," and my Addiction to such Authors as Steven King, Jean M. Auel, Terry Brooks and Many Others.
I have been carrying the hand written notes to some of my ideas for a Novel for well over 30 years now and have finally grown tired of procrastinating.
My 1st Published Novel is Year Of The Cicada followed by Father May I,Don't Let the Bedbugs Bite 1, 2 & 3, The Flesheaters, Just Jellies & The Greenman's Bedtime Stories. I'm Currently associated with Breaking Rules Publishing out of St. Petersburg, Fl. Thank You So Much Christopher Clawson for this Great Opportunity.
I am so looking forward to having many Fans, Readers and Hopefully getting to meet my Idol, "Steven King," someday.
Buy this book
How would you describe Just Jellies to a new reader?
- If by some chance they have never feared the water, there is a High Probability they will after reading this short story.
What was the inspiration behind Just Jellies ?
- I was asked to be a part of conglomeration of Authors who were putting out a Halloween Special.
Why would people fear the water after reading Just Jellies?
- Other than Locals, most visitors have No Idea just what lurks beneath the waves. And Most, "if Not All of us, " have no idea the amount of pollutants and what kind are actually in the ocean.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in the book?
- Just Jellies takes place between Rockport & Port Aransas Texas.
Does your family and friends know this.
- Most Definitely. That's why I'm promoting this as a selling point.
What stands out the most to you about this book.
- There are 2 things that stand out to me. The lengths we are willing to go just to please those around us and you never know what's happening in the world if we check out and never listen to the actual radio instead of our own mixed tapes and CD's
Which character in Just Jellies has had the greatest impact on readers?
- The Main Character Sarah Dooley. After learning just why she is So Afraid of any and all forms of water, her willing to compromise seals her unfortunate fate. No One Ever Want's to see their grandmother get hurt.
If Just Jellies were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- Melissa McCarthy. I would Love to see her in a role that isn't supposed to be funny or spoofed.
How have readers responded to Just Jellies?
- It's been a Delight to watch their Shock and Aw.
What are your plans concerning Just Jellies.
- I would Love to see it on every shelf along the gulf coast. I think it would be a Great read for locals and tourist before they decide to enter the Gulf of Mexico's warm waters.
There are things that swim in the oceans that we will never see or ever come into contact with. There are also creatures that we know of and use their carcasses for everyday purposes like cosmetics and food. Now comes an unexpected and unknown species of jellies that will change how we feel, “and use,” the abundance of our seas. Their Ravenous Devouring capabilities will eventually consume everything living in the world’s oceans and connected waterways. That unquenchable hunger also extends to anything that just happens to enter the water too. US! Humanities love for the Sea, Rivers and Lakes will never be the same again after their gobbling up everything arrival. They’re Just Jellies. Right?