Interview with A.D. Ellis
Author of Remington Place: The Complete Series
Escape into addictive, sexy, emotional romance.
A.D. Ellis is an Indiana girl, born and raised. She spends much of her time in central Indiana as an instructional coach/teacher in the inner city of Indianapolis, being a mom to two amazing school-aged children, and wondering how she and her husband of nearly two decades haven't driven each other insane yet. A lot of her time is also devoted to phone call avoidance and her hatred of cooking.
She loves chocolate, wine, pizza, and naps along with reading and writing romance. These loves don’t leave much time for housework, much to the chagrin of her husband. Who would pick cleaning the house over a nap or a good book? She uses any extra time to increase her fluency in sarcasm.
A.D. uses she/they pronouns.
Buy this book
How would you describe Remington Place to a new reader?
- Remington Place is full of found family, friendship, love, and amazing characters finding their happily ever afters. This is a male/male romance featuring gay and/or bisexual men finding their true loves. There's a lot of humor, a bit of drama and angst (although, it's fairly light in comparison to others), a bunch of feel good moments, and always a lot of love and happy ever afters. If you're already a fan of male/male romance, you'll love it. If you're new to male/male romance, it's a good starting point. There *IS* a lot of on-page steam.
What was the inspiration behind Remington Place?
- There was a house on the corner of my street where about twelve friends were living together. It got me thinking about the relationships. I created the town, made the house a lot better, and filled the home with characters you can't help but love.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- I'm a huge fan of N.R. Walker, Nicky James, Cole McCade, Louisa Masters, Leta Blake, Keira Andrews, Declan Rhodes, Annabeth Albert, just to name a few. A fabulous love story that gives me all the feels will always help to make me a better writer.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- Remington Place is an old Victorian home in a small Midwestern town. I grew up in a very small town, so writing locations like this is easy and close to my heart.
How have readers responded to Remington Place?
- Here's a review that shares the same sentiments as several others-
"I can only say I absolutely loved this. It was hot. It was heartfelt. It was fun. Funny. Heartbreaking. Uplifting. Healing.
I actually learned a few things about myself and even sent portions of these stories to my therapist to talk through. I still want more about these people. But best of all, I love these stories and will read them again in the future, when I want to visit old friends who live on in my mind.
This is a definite hit if you love romance, love, hot sex, and a wealthy cast of characters."
What's your writing process?
- I'm a full-time mom and teacher so my writing time is very deliberate and sacred. I get up around 3:30am during the school year so I can get ready for school and get about 60-90 minutes of writing in before I leave for work. Depending on what's going on with work and life, I can usually get a book finished in about two months. Then it's off for edits, alpha reads, back to me for more edits and revisions, then off to beta readers, and finally published.
I'm usually working on 1-3 books at any given time (example- an individual A.D. Ellis book, a pen name book, and a co-write with an author friend).
Which character in Remington Place has had the greatest impact on readers?
- I think the majority of readers really connect with Cooper in the first book of the box set. Most of the readers really like Bev as well. She's a great character and funny too. Jesse's daughter brings a lot of smiles as well.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I'm currently working on book 3 of a four-book series. The series is On Cravenwood Block and can be found on my Amazon page.
Where can readers find your work?
- All of my books are available on Amazon. Right now, six of my titles plus a box set are available on ALL book sale platforms (the Something About Himi series) for those who like to buy books outside of Amazon. Other books may move to those wide platforms in the future. Readers can find more info at adellisauthor.com
All four Remington Place titles (M/M romance) in one boxed set.
Getting involved with your dad’s best friend is always off-limits. Too bad Cooper has no problem pushing limits.
Cooper Scott is a snarky twink with no filter. He has big plans for a successful future and falling for his dad’s best friend is NOT on the agenda. No worries, they’ll just keep it casual.
Jesse Thompson is a widower and new father at the age of fifty. The offer of help from his best friend’s son should have sent Jesse running. Instead, he finds himself in a predicament he’s spent his life avoiding.
Will Cooper and Jesse end up in a heartbroken crash-and-burn situation? Or can love overcome all and give them a happily ever after?
**Adore is a steamy, age-gap, bi-awakening, dad’s best friend M/M romance with a sassy smartass and a sexy silver fox. It’s the first book in the Remington Place series and can be read as a stand-alone.**
When two friends agree to be fake boyfriends and add in casual sex, what could go wrong?
Raiden Ono is a nerdy gamer with a painful past and a solid plan for his future. He just needs a break so he can get back on his feet.
Spencer Nelson sees himself as a failure and not worthy of anything remotely resembling good. But then Rai pops into his life and makes him question everything.
Will Rai and Spencer protect their hearts and settle for their status quo friendship? Or will they finally accept the truth and let love take control?
**Crave is a steamy, friends-to-lovers, fake relationship M/M romance with a virgin nursing student and a gruff, grumbly construction worker. It’s the second book in the Remington Place series and can be read as a stand-alone, but is likely best enjoyed when read in order.**
It’s probably a bad idea to get involved with a much younger guy, but there’s no way around this crazy connection.
Cruz Adams has finally found a soft place to land. He’s content with life and not looking for anything more. So, of course, he finds himself falling down the “more” rabbit hole with a guy fifteen-years his junior.
Logan Miles escaped a horrific past, but he’s yet to find his safe place. When he ends up in a dangerous situation, he can’t help but see Cruz as his knight in shining armor. But is Logan ready for what Cruz has to offer?
Will Cruz be able to give Logan what he needs while they navigate their new relationship? Or will they lose the chance at happiness before it even begins?
**Desire is a steamy, age-gap, hurt/comfort M/M romance featuring a heart-of-gold mechanic and a twink who’s a lot stronger than he realizes. It’s the third book in the Remington Place series and can be read as a stand-alone, but is likely best enjoyed when read in order.
Please note: This story has mention of sex trafficking and sexual abuse.**
They’ve hated each other for years, but someone forgot to tell them there’s a fine line between love and hate.
Khi Harris has spent his life trying to prove himself. After a disastrous relationship, all he needs is a little time to regain his footing. He has no desire to spend that time with an old enemy.
Dre King has finally accepted his truth. A new home with family and friends is exactly what he needs as he begins a journey toward his dream. Khi waltzing back into Dre’s life is not part of the plan.
The only thing Khi and Dre can agree on is they most definitely don’t want to be thrown together, but that’s precisely what they get. The line between hate and love is easily blurred, but these two men are determined to fight each other tooth and nail.*
*Yearn is a steamy, enemies-to-lovers, forced proximity M/M romance between two EMS workers who have hated each other for a decade.**