Interview with A. Nation
Author of Short Reads 1
I'm retired and writing as much as I can. I have 16 novels and a few novellas published. My genres are science fiction, urban fantasy, and travel mysteries
Buy this book
How would you describe <Short Reads 1> to a new reader?
- Anthology of short stories relating to my novels and some not
What was the inspiration behind <Short Reads 1> ?
- I wanted to take the short stories I wrote for my monthly newsletters and prompts into one book
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Agatha Christie, Isaac Asimov, Mary Higgins, J.A. Jance
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- Present day to Speculative future
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Read as much as you can thoughout grade/high school and save everything you write.
What's your writing process?
- I make a list of the scenes I need to start. I work on one scene at a time
Which character in <Short Reads 1> has had the greatest impact on readers?
- Each story has it's own MC. from Alex Blackhawk the detective to a mischievous gnome.
If <Short Reads 1> were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- Several, maybe new actors
How have readers responded to <Short Reads 1>?
- They enjoy the book due to their busy lives where they can read a short story and come back later to start a new one.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- A novella about my grandmother who traveled in steerage across the Atlantic Ocean in 1904