Interview with Josie Myer
Author of Deep Discipline
Buy this book
How would you describe Deep Discipline to a new reader?
- Deep Discipline is a sexy taboo erotica tale. The story of Tandy an active 18-year-old who needs her daddy's help in getting an exam for some birth control. Daddy takes matters into his own hands and things get pretty hot from there on out.
To what extent is Deep Discipline based on your own experiences?
- None at all. This book is meant to be a fun sexy read to be enjoyed by those who love Taboo Erotica short stories.
Deep Discipline is a good example of this genre. Who has inspired you?
- Deep Discipline falls in the sub-genre of BDSM Erotica. It is actually Taboo/Romance Erotica with an extremely light BDSM element.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors? How would you advise a new author about traditional publishing versus self publishing?
- I would advise new aspiring authors to write for pleasure. Find their writing voice and they will soon find fans who enjoy reading their writing. Don't be afraid to write outside of the original genre you began in. Do both. Writer Mystery and Erotica, or Historical Romance and Sci-Fic. It doesn't matter. Just right and allow as many people to read your writing as possible. That is how you grow and learn as an author.
Which authors do you most admire? Which qualities, in particular, have influenced your writing?
- Anne Rice, Dan Brown, Jane Austen, Maya Angelou, Christine Feehan, J.D. Robb, and many, many others.
How have readers responded to Deep Dicipline?
- So far, I have received a great response to Deep Discipline. It has been available for purchase for two days and I'm excited how far it will go on Amazon's top charts.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I am always working on something new. I am currently working on two erotic short stories for the Josie Myer Taboo Erotica fans, and I am also working on a full-length novel in the genre of Military Fiction.
Keeping healthy is Tandy’s main priority. Nearly nineteen with college in her future, she knows it’s past time to get herself checked out. Maybe find the proper form of birth control. Even if she’s not currently dating. When she shares her concerns with the man of the house, things start happening quickly. She’ll need him to help her avoid any misguided slips. Tandy tries to learn a form of deep discipline to keep herself safe. But will it be enough?