Interview with A. Nation
Author of Crossroads, A Moment of Decision - Saga 3
I'm retired and writing as much as I can. I have 16 novels and a few novellas published. My genres are science fiction, urban fantasy, and travel mysteries
Buy this book
How would you describe <Crossroads> to a new reader?
- a cozy genealogy mystery set in the future
What was the inspiration behind <Crossroads> ?
- My husband was working on his genealogy and my characters had been on Mars too long. So I brought them back to Earth to deal with a family matter and at the suggestion of a dear friend drew my MCs closer.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Agatha Christie, Rita Mae Brown, and Issac Asimov
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- It starts on Mars but covers Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Montrose Colorado.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Read as much as you can until you get the feel how sentences are constructed.
What's your writing process?
- sit down and envision what my characters are doing in the scene
Which character in <Crossroads> has had the greatest impact on readers?
- The cat and his influence over the dogs
If <Crossroads> were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- A young blond haired woman
How have readers responded to <Crossroads>?
- It makes them want to read more
Where next? What are you working on now?
- A young adult science fiction
When Alice and Mike return to Earth from Mars, she receives a disturbing communique from her cousin. Mike presents her with a surprise as her cat finds his own mischief. When Alice and Mike announce their big occasion, someone in the family demands retribution for a past event. Now Alice plans on how to solve the thefts plaguing her family in this third episode of the Domino Sagas.