Interview with A. Nation
Author of Mystery Along the Italian Coast - Book 2
I'm retired and writing as much as I can. I have 16 novels and a few novellas published. My genres are science fiction, urban fantasy, and travel mysteries
Buy this book
How would you describe <Mystery Along the Italian Coast> to a new reader?
- A cozy travel mystery
What was the inspiration behind <Mystery Along the Italian Coast> ?
- When my husband and I took this trip it was our 50th anniversary. I was so inspired by the history and the monuments we saw around Italy that I knew my character would fit right in.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Agatha Christie, Georgette Heyer
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- This takes place around the coasts of Italy
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Read as much as you can
What's your writing process?
- I think about a story for several days until I have it almost memorized in my mind, after breakfast I sit down and start writing the movie in my head.
Which character in <Mystery Along the Italian Coast> has had the greatest impact on readers?
- Rosetta Blessing. She's tall and carries some weight that she uses to her advantage. She's divorced and doesn't take guff from anyone, even the bad guys.
If <Mystery Along the Italian Coast> were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- a woman who carries herself well
How have readers responded to <Mystery Along the Italian Coast>?
- A fascinating glimpse into the life of Rosetta Blessing and her daughter Joyce. After opening their detective agency, they go on a trip to Italy. Their vacation turns not only into a delightful look at Italian History, but an opportunity to solve an intriguing mystery that seems to follow them wherever they go. I really enjoyed this book and recommend it highly.-J.D.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I'm working on my next urban fantasy when Susan Edwards visits her boyfriend in Colorado. Not all goes well when his daughter turns up missing and the kidnappers want a huge ransom.
While they are enjoying their tour in the Mediterranean, their suspect crosses their path through famous cities along the Italian coast. Now the local mob boss wants retribution and gives chase. Will Rosetta convince the murderer to give up or get killed by his wife's Italian family?