Interview with A. Nation
Author of Mystery Along the Danube - Travel Mystery 1
I'm retired and writing as much as I can. I have 16 novels and a few novellas published. My genres are science fiction, urban fantasy, and travel mysteries
Buy this book
How would you describe <Mystery Along the Danube> to a new reader?
- If you hadn't, going to, or have been on the Danube in Europe, this is the story for you. Aside from the mystery, my MC tells you about the historical sites she visits.
What was the inspiration behind <Mystery Along the Danube> ?
- My actual trip on a riverboat on the Danube River
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Agatha Christie, M. C. Beaton, and Diane Mott Davidson
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- Takes place in present time in a small town in Idaho.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors? How would you advise a new author about traditional publishing versus self publishing?
- Since I'm self-published, I will only advise a new author to read, read, read to understand how sentences flow and know your grammar.
What's your writing process?
- Since I'm retired, I can write most anytime during the day. On a non event days, I'll write from 8:00-5:00 with a few distractions such as laundry and grocery shopping.
Which character in <Mystery Along the Danube> has had the greatest impact on readers?
- It opens their eyes to other lands and what to find if they also took this trip.
If <Mystery Along the Danube> were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- Someone in their fifties.
How have readers responded to Mystery Along the Danube - Travel Mystery 1?
- My reader said, "The European history along the river is very interesting. I did not guess several of the twists in the mystery!"
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I just finished a novella, and a travel mystery that will be entered here soon. Right now, I'm working on my second YA science fiction which will be my 16th novel.
Who would have thought Rosetta's stressful job would hand her two river boat tickets for an exotic trip to Europe? When a dark haired man passes her an old diary and a key, her vacation turns into a horrible nightmare. This is the first novel in my travel mysteries.