Interview with Simon carr
Author of Apocalypse Blockers
satirical science fiction writer from Blackburn in the north of England.
Buy this book
How would you describe Apocalypse Blockers to a new reader?
- I hope to a new reader it's a face-paced funny action-packed romp with interesting character.
What was the inspiration behind Apocalypse Blockers ?
- It was me wanting to give my characters from my 2020 books a fitting Farwell, I did the same thing in 2019 and it was fun and interesting to take all the characters from every book and put them together facing a common foe so I wanted to do that again.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Douglas Adams, J.r.r Tolkien, Terry Pratchet.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- everywhere from all my books in 2020 and a couple from 2019, it was very nostalgic revising them again.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- this is a bad idea, you will not get rich, you will not take over the world, only do it if you love it and just one person reading it and loving it is enough.
What's your writing process?
- I have Aspergers syndrome you could lock me in a box of bananas and I will still write a book, I don't have a process and I don't need one.
Which character in Apocalypse Blockers has had the greatest impact on readers?
- Karen, I made her a vile caricature on social media Karen in her book and redeemed her a little, in this I delved a lot deeper, and while she is still not a wonder woman she really did make herself a lot more than a social media stereotype and I think a bit of a hero and her relationship with Bob seemed to go down very well.
If Apocalypse Blockers were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- In my Head, Sheridan Smith was Karen and David Tennant was Bob.
How have readers responded to Apocalypse Blockers?
- New readers have really enjoyed it, the people who have read my other books have loved it and had a lot of fun hunting the easter eggs and finding all of the many references.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I don't know, this was me cutting ties with the gang of 2020, I have to start again with new genres and new characters so I'm taking a few weeks to mull it over and see what tentacles protrude and slap me in the face.
The fate of every living thing in the multiverse that's has ever existed or is going to exist rests in the hands of a band of, well, weirdos if I am honest but they are our only hope.
Our reality and every possible reality are under attack from an evil force called Khaos that has sent apocalypse after apocalypse at every reality around the planet earth.
Not every version of earth fell, a mighty few stopped the apocalypse sent by Khaos, these few are all that stand in the way of Khaos, these warriors, these heroes, these apocalypse Blockers!