Interview with A. Nation
Author of The Cruise (Book 3 in Urban Fantasy series)
I'm retired and writing as much as I can. I have 16 novels and a few novellas published. My genres are science fiction, urban fantasy, and travel mysteries
Buy this book
How would you describe <The Cruise> to a new reader?
- A cozy ghost story. A steward is murdered on a cruise ship and the main character tries to find out why.
What was the inspiration behind <The Cruise> ?
- I went on this cruise to Hawaii. Most of my experiences are reflected in the main character's adventures
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Agatha Christie, Diane Mott Davidson
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- Hawaii and the four islands
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Read as much as you can.
What's your writing process?
- mull over a scene for a few days, then write it out. Since I'm retired, I write anytime of the day.
Which character in <The Cruise> has had the greatest impact on readers?
- The main character, Susan. She sees things no one else sees.
If <The Cruise> were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- She would have blond curly hair, plump but not fat, and in her 30s.
How have readers responded to <The Cruise>?
- " really enjoyed the story and the intrigue. The climax with the kidnapping through the airport was fantastic, and the best part with her attempts to be rescued. Very well done, and believable."
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I'm working on another YA science fiction taking place on another planet