Interview with A. Nation
Author of Entity
I'm retired and writing as much as I can. I have 20 novels and several novellas published. My genres are science fiction, urban fantasy, and travel mysteries.
Check out my webpage, https://anationauthor.weebly.com/ and https://www.anationauthor.com/
Buy this book
How would you describe <Entity> to a new reader?
- Realistic science fiction. A teenage girl interns on Mars discovers a new life form
What was the inspiration behind <Entity> ?
- I was looking at the large canyon across Mars and knew from experience the further down you go on Earth the warmer and wetter it gets. What if this were the case in a smaller scenario on Mars? After all, the canyon on Mars is 5 mile deep. I wanted this new life form to be something we had never seen before.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Isaac Asimov, Anne McCaffrey, Anne McCaffrey, Jules Verne, for mysteries: Agatha Christie
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- This takes place on Mars in the 25th century. A base has been built, the people after several years are now integrated with the aliens, and mining companies are prolific.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Read as much as you can in several genres, pay attention in movies how people react and speak, and don't throw away your writings.
What's your writing process?
- For several days, I'll think about a story and how it should flow. Then I'll start writing a paragraph, then another. I do this all day until I have a chapter or two. These may or may not be my final story beginnings. Then I quit about 4:00pm and rest. During the day, I might do house chores or take a walk. Some of my best scenes came from walking.
Which character in <Entity> has had the greatest impact on readers?
- The main character in this story is a sixteen year old girl who naivety gets her in trouble with the aliens and the power hungry mine owner. She's curious about everything and sometimes makes a wrong decision. Her insight saves others.
If <Entity> were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- I am unfamiliar with today's current actors. She'd have to be young enough to pass for a 16 yr old.
How have readers responded to <Entity>?
- Right now this book is in Preorder but my beta readers loved it
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I'll start on my next travel mystery, Mystery Along the Colorado River. Sign up for my free monthly newsletter and receive more updates as I write it.
Teenage girl in the 25th century interns on Mars and discovers a new life form