Interview with A. Nation
Author of The Pottery Sale
I'm retired and writing as much as I can. I have 20 novels and several novellas published. My genres are science fiction, urban fantasy, and travel mysteries.
Check out my webpage, https://anationauthor.weebly.com/ and https://www.anationauthor.com/
Buy this book
How would you describe <The Pottery Sale> to a new reader?
- Susan takes up pottery to help her relax. Her friend, a gnome wants to find a home so he doesn't depend on friends. Between drug deals and affairs gone bad, Susan is in a race for her life when the killer comes after her.
What was the inspiration behind <The Pottery Sale> ?
- After I wrote Where Did They Go? I wanted the main character, Susan, to have another adventure. I was fortunate to explore my sister's pottery location and she helped me with the details of pottery making. So became this story.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Agatha Christie, Anne McCaffrey, Edgar Allen Poe
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- This takes place in the present in a small town in Idaho.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Read as much as you can to understand how sentences are put together and how storylines are formed
What's your writing process?
- Since I'm retired, I write from morning to the afternoon. Sure life interrupts but the stories continue.
Which character in <The Pottery Sale> has had the greatest impact on readers?
- I loved this sequel to 'Where Did They Go'. I like the action, mystery and when I can see myself as one of the characters. The book was hard to put down, I loved it. - S.C.
If <The Pottery Sale> were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- I don't know. My MC has curly blond hair, slightly overweight, and a desire to help others
How have readers responded to <The Pottery Sale>?
- Favorably. I don't have any negative reviews.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- Right now, I'm working on my young adult science fiction and the adventures these characters take on a strange planet. They are now in their early twenties and the age old conflict of jealousy arises between human and alien over a woman.
Fantasy, murder, and magic takes over this small Idaho town. After Susan joins a pottery class, the experienced potter dies. Local thieves use the warehouse next door to store their loot. Her friend solicits her help to rid the mythical land of an evil witch and the town's local drug lord. When another potter shows up dead, Susan races for her life between criminals and a killer until her friend pulls her into his world.