Interview with Joan Havelange
Author of Murder Exit Stage Right
Whodunnit author/ cozy mystery. Golfer, trailer storyteller
Buy this book
Quick description of the book for a new reader - what should they expect?
- Murder Exit Stage Right: Sabotage and murder plague a drama festival. This humorous whodunit is little theatres answer to the Academy awards. Five drama clubs compete for the honour of being named best play. But what can go wrong does go wrong. And why did Sherman have to die?
What was your inspiration for this book?
- I was a director of little theatre for many years. Of course, the characters in my mystery are all fictional.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Lynwood Barcley and Richard Osman; these authors incorporate humour and mystery. And of Agatha Christie.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- My whodunit takes place in a little fictional town in Saskatchewan, a prairie province in Canada
If the book were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye ?
- Helen Mirren, a fabulous British actor
How have readers responded ?
- I'm happy to say all positive responses
Where next? What are you working on now?
- Moving is Murder: My protagonist Mabel may not survive
Murder is a hard act to follow. All the drama does not take place on the stage at the Glenhaven Drama Festival. A collection of amateur actors with big egos land in Mabel Havelock’s hometown. And Mabel’s acting debut is not the only thing on her mind. Mysterious accidents and sabotage are plaguing the festival.
Mabel and her best friend Violet Ficher are determined to ferret out the culprit. The problem is why? Who has anything to gain? And why did Sherman have to die?