Interview with LK-Mattis
Author of A Billion Stars Apart
Buy this book
How would you describe A Billion Stars Apart to a new reader?
- It's a Science Fiction/Fantasy/New Adult story and it's built around a sister trying to find her brother in space.
What was the inspiration behind your book ?
- Well...the stars mostly. I always liked looking up at the stars and imagining a story I could create one day looking up there.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- I admire C. S. Lewis a lot for his writing, His story Narnia helped me write a story like space strangely enough.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in the book?
- It's about space and the life of this 18 youngin' starts off by looking for her brother.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors? How would you advise a new author about traditional publishing versus self publishing?
- Well, I'm a new self published author never tried the traditional because in my heart I knew i wanted to self pub. I'd say go either way whatever you want to do for yourself. Either is great.
What's your writing process?
- I'm a panster, so i just write my way through without outline and its really fun.
Which character in your book has had the greatest impact on readers?
- For those who have read it say they like Chase because he a great character.
If A Billion stars Apart were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- I have no expectations on that, whoever. It doesn't matter who as long as they are enjoying themselves of being that character and is good at it is fine with me.
How have readers responded to your book?
- They tell me they like it a lot because it's a cool story and they get their heads wrapped in space. Out of this world so to speak.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I'm currently writing the sequel.
18-year-old Hazel Saundra is in space on her spaceship, Neara to find her brother that left her when she was twelve, without saying goodbye. Now, six years later when she’s able to get one of her own, she set’s off to search for him to find answers to why he left, even if it takes half her life. But one day things take a turn for the worse and she’s ultimately stuck in this massive galaxy she roams alone.