Interview with Shobana Gomes
Author of At the First Dawn of Love
Hello, my name is Shobana Gomes, a poet, and writer from Malaysia. I have my books published on Amazon and am the owner of an online Ebook store, Shobana's Book Station, https://shobanabookstation.blogspot.com
My website address is https://simplyshobana.net.
I have an affinity with nature. As such, I incorporate nature's intricate beauty and magnificence in every story that I conceive. I love traveling and apart from that, I create poetic memorabilia for special occasions.
Buy this book
How would you describe, At the First Dawn of Love, to a new reader?
- At the First Dawn of Love will give the readers an unbelievable insight into a 21st-century satellite saving tactic used by Interpol and the local police to save a girl who had been persecuted for more than a decade by extremists in her country.
The book also details the strong faith of the Catholic girl, subjected to various forms of persecutions like missile attacks and black magic rituals.
Then, there is the man who falls in love with her. He met her as she prayed at the grotto of the Virgin Mary. He undertook a worldwide mission to save her from the hands of the terrorists.
What was the inspiration behind, At the First Dawn of Love?
- Terrorism is a threat that is so very real and unfolding in nearly every life on the planet subtly and deceitfully. So many youngsters meet with sudden death, go through depression, and are recruited into terrorism's vile web of deceit. The fear is very real.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- I admire Shakespeare, Stephen King, and JK Rowling. Also, Hans Christian Andersen.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- I mentioned India, where the protagonist goes for a short pilgrimage.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- For the first, they would have to have a determined mindset to follow their passion diligently and steadfastly. Reading as much as they can, and improving their craft will give them an edge over others. And, never stop dreaming.
What's your writing process?
- I post on my blogs every day. Little things that inspire me every day take precedence. So I write stories based on those inspirations and turn them into books. There is no hard and fast rule. I write whenever I am inspired.
Which character in, At the First Dawn of Love, has had the greatest impact on readers?
- The protagonist, Marie. who is characterized as a strong and determined person. She lives her life one day at a time.
If At the First Dawn of Love were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- That's an interesting question. I think Sandra Bullock or Julia Roberts would play the part excellently. They are my favorite actresses.
How have readers responded to At the First Dawn of Love?
- So far the reviews on Amazon have been great. The readers enjoyed the story.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I have a couple of short stories that I am writing at the moment. However, right now I am promoting, The Goddess of the Himavan. It was Amazon's best-selling new release under Ancient & Classical Literature. It has received good reviews and I am happy that the book made it to the best-selling list. It is a book like no other.
For eighteen years, Marie had been on the run from Islamic State terrorists who had built a caliphate in her country.
A Catholic, she was the target of Christian persecution by the Muslim terrorist group who had established their jihadist mission at home and worldwide.
The terrorists committed genocide and ethnic cleansing on various non-Muslim ethnicities including Christians, and with their massive number of members worldwide, was a force hard to eliminate in the blink of an eye.
Unaware that the police were looking after her family as it was a TOP SECRET mission, they came in droves to kill her in various ways and ended up getting netted in traps laid by the police instead.
In the same instance, the local police commissioned the assistance of the international police (INTERPOL) to safeguard her family. The police had an obligation to look after Marie and her family after they had broken into countless terror cells in the country by just following her.
And to make things more bizarre for Marie, she learned that someone with links to the Mafia had fallen in love with her. He enlisted the help of worldwide, authoritative figures to join the police to move her to a safe haven.
Read about a 21st-century escape, mafia-type, and a miraculous satellite-saving technology that finally saved Marie and her family.
Read about how the British, American, and French intelligence together with the local police, scooped in via satellite to save Marie from the hands of Islamic extremists.