Interview with A. Nation
Author of Eye of the Throne
I'm retired and writing as much as I can. I have 16 novels and a few novellas published. My genres are science fiction, urban fantasy, and travel mysteries
Buy this book
How would you describe <Eye of the Throne> to a new reader?
- Young adult science fiction. The MC takes a journey to another planet and discovers a mystery from the planet's past.
What was the inspiration behind <Eye of the Throne> ?
- This is the second book in the Secrets of Arret Quest series. Now, the MC is a little older and entering adulthood and all its conflicts with women and antagonists.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Isaac Asminov, Agatha Christie, Heimlein, J. A. Jance
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- This takes place on an old planet three years flight from Mars
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Read as much as you can. Promote in various book outlets such as this.
What's your writing process?
- Either in the morning after breakfast or the afternoon after lunch, I sit down and visualize what the characters are doing next. The day or night before, I can walk through the scene and place my characters in their respective actions.
Which character in <Eye of the Throne> has had the greatest impact on readers?
- Nathan is the MC. He follows in his father's footsteps as a leader. His main fault is jealousy and holding his temper.
If <Eye of the Throne> were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- I don' t know. Someone in their early twenties with dark hair.
How have readers responded to Eye of the Throne?
- This is on pre-order right now but my beta readers enjoy the humor and my well thought out action scenes
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I've already started my next urban fantasy book. I have another travel book mystery scheduled for this fall.