Interview with Tammy Campbell Brooks
Author of Daddy Issues
Tammy Campbell Brooks is a native of San Antonio, Texas where she resides with her husband and two children.
She enjoys reading, writing, and studying American history as hobbies.
The Ghetto Blues is her debut book written about true events that occurred in her life.
The successor of The Ghetto Blues novel, "Daddy Issues" is set to be released in 2020.
Tammy released a short poetry and quotes read, "Unapologetic Poetic" on August 06, 2018 that's dedicated to her sister, Terrie Campbell Thornton.
Tammy and her daughter, Tahirah are the authors of a two book young adult fiction series, Tar Baby and Tar Baby 2(Tianna's Story) Available on Amazon.
Buy this book
How would you describe <Daddy Issues> to a new reader?
- Daddy Issues is the sequel to debut novel The Ghetto Blues. It is an inspirational, captivating, and unforgettable story that analyzes why Tammy made the decisions she made in life. Her story continues and the ending is amazing.
What was the inspiration behind <Daddy Issues> ?
- I want to leave a record of my history and I want it told by me.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- There are too many to name and I love all authors because writing is an art. If you have published a book then I admire you.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- Daddy Issues are on many platforms:
Digital 2 Digital
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Write what you love and you will never be poor.
What's your writing process?
- I love writing in the early morning when everyone is asleep. It gives me peace of mind and the words began to flow with ease.
Which character in <Daddy Issues> has had the greatest impact on readers?
- The heroine Tammy, her story is a journey and relatable.
If <Daddy Issues> were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- My co-writer, daughter Tahirah Brooks
How have readers responded to <Daddy Issue>?
- It was published on July 08, 2020. It's only two days since I published. I've gotten positive feedback thus far. I hope it continues.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I have a trilogy that I'm working on for young adults, called "Brillant Daye"
If you loved the novel, "The Ghetto Blues" then the sequel Daddy Issues examines and analyzes the reasons why Tammy's life took a turn for the good, the bad, and the not so good at times. Her unforgettable, inspiring, captivating, and heartfelt story doesn't end, yet.
Tammy takes you into her journey to figure out some of the reasons behind her decisions made in life. She talks about her dad and how much of an impact he had in raising her and the effect of how he was taken from her. The loss of her dad along with her identity crisis kept her in constant turmoil.
Find out how Tammy's story begins and ends.