Interview with A. Nation
Author of Return, There's no easy way
I'm retired and writing as much as I can. I have 20 novels and several novellas published. My genres are science fiction, urban fantasy, and travel mysteries.
Check out my webpage, https://anationauthor.weebly.com/ and https://www.anationauthor.com/
Buy this book
How would you describe <Return> to a new reader?
- Pure science fiction. Realistic flights in space crafts, visit to other planets, and a battle in space.
What was the inspiration behind <Return> ?
- After I wrote Found, The Lost Ones, I knew the story wasn't over. Evil had to be overthrown. The alien characters are unique.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Isaac Asimov, Agatha Christie, Robert A. Heinlein, Anne McCaffrey
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- On an old dry planet three years from Mars.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Read as much as you can. If you write something, never throw it away.
What's your writing process?
- I sit after breakfast and write most of the day. I have a list of what needs to happen and I let the characters play out.
Which character in <Return> has had the greatest impact on readers?
- The villain, of course, he embodied the very things we hate to see in a person. He was ruthless and would do anything to get his way. He seeks revenge but is never satisfied.
If <Return> were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- I'm not familiar with current actors. If this was star trek, I'd pick Scotty for the MC, Khan for the evil one.
How have readers responded to <Return>?
- "I marvel how anyone can project their thinking to how Aliens would act or think. I did enjoy the read." - P.K.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I just finished a New Adult science fiction about the same planet only ten years later with young men trying to prove themselves. The MC is handed a responsibility he doesn't want.
When the ex-ruler escapes from his confinement, he kidnaps the lovely DiLane. Now they find themselves in a fight for their lives. Robert does battle with the strong alien while a battle outside their ship breaks out. Will Robert be accused of murder again?