Interview with Emma Sharp
Author of Secrets and Surprises
Hi I am a new indie Author who currently has three Novels published on Amazon.
Buy this book
How would you describe Secrets and Surprises to a new reader?
- This is the third book in the popular Chateau series, Laura has come a long way in the year she has owned her beautiful chateau. In this book the old house continues to spring surprises and gives up long held secrets. Laura's life continues to change as she copes with surprises of her own.
What was the inspiration behind Secrets and Surprises ?
- My inspiration comes from many sources, I sometimes feel the Chataue series has developed a life of its own, the ideas just flow and I often find the plot seems to write itself.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- I enjoy Fiona Valpy and Lucy Colman, their books always seem to capture the atmosphere of the regions they are based.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Just do it....
Which character in The Chateau Series has had the greatest impact on readers?
- Well it has to be Laura as the whole series is following her journey, but I think Xavier is probably the strongest and may well be the most popular amongst my readers.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I have just completed my next novel Innocence in Provence, which will be released in Autumn 2020.
Join Laura and her friends as she continues her exciting and unpredictable roller coaster ride at her beautiful Chateau in the South of France.
With Laura and Xavier’s relationship having more stop, starts than a journey on a London bus, she’s beginning to wonder if the decision to continue with her pregnancy was a good idea.
As if that isn’t enough, Laura has to deal with two conmen who repeatedly turn up to harass her, as well as a spate of natural disasters. Will she find any more treasure and where will that lead her?
Read on to find out how she deals with a foe from the past who she had hoped she’d seen the last of, and how the repercussions of the savage acts from the war years are still affecting the community today. The accumulation of these stressful events eventually takes its toll.