Interview with A. Nation
Author of Found, The Lost Ones
I'm retired and writing as much as I can. I have 16 novels and a few novellas published. My genres are science fiction, urban fantasy, and travel mysteries
Buy this book
How would you describe <Found> to a new reader?
- Science Fiction how we might live and travel in the 25th century
What was the inspiration behind <Found> ?
- I ended my first book, Similar, with an unanswered question. What happened to the humans who left with the aliens? So I had to write their story.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Isaac Asimov, Gene Rodenbery, Edgar Allen Poe
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- This story begins on Mars in the 25th century. Humans and aliens travel out of our solar system and find a planet where lost aliens reside.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Read as much as you can and what ever you write, save it even if you think its junk. I never did and that is my one big regret.
What's your writing process?
- Start writing after breakfast and finish before 5:00pm. I don't write in the evening. That's my husband and TV time.
Which character in <Found> has had the greatest impact on readers?
- The MC is of course the human and his innovative ideas to save his crew
If <Found> were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- Burt Reynolds
How have readers responded to <Found>?
- I am very glad that I took the time to get into a sci-fi masterpiece! This book would easily grab anyone new to the genre! Very interesting characters and without giving anything away you will love to follow through to find out how this ends! Great job all around! - A.S.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- The second novel in my YA/NA Quest series I just finished it and will read it over a few times before giving it to my editor.
Jennifer and Robert volunteer as the first humans to travel into deep space with the aliens in their quest of discovery. When they realize the social rules differ from their own, Robert and his alien crew are kidnapped by a ruthless Emperor and accused of Murder. Now, Robert faces the evil brother who wants revenge.