Interview with Mary Katherine Hole
Author of Your Value as a Woman
I am married, home school mom of four sons, writer, blogger. Creator of Inspired Truth.
Buy this book
How would you describe Your Value as a Woman to a new reader?
- In order to be a successful woman, you need to determine your value. Did you know that your value system and belief system together help determine your value as a woman? Do you want to challenge yourself and others to become women of value? This book will help you understand how to achieve a higher level of respect for yourself that will help you become a woman of value.
What was the inspiration behind Your Value as a Woman ?
- I am a woman. I have a history of struggling with my worth and value. Hoping to help other women find theirs.
Which authors do you admire? How have they influenced your writing style?
- Kay Arthur, Lysa TerKeurst, Renee Swope, and Cynthia Heald. They have contributed to my book by reading theirs and finding my worth in a lot of their writings. They have inspired me in more ways than women I have had in my life personally.
Can you tell us a little about the locations in your book?
- The location comes from Gresham, OR. It is from my own personal ministry created at my home called Inspired Truth.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors? How would you advise a new author about traditional publishing versus self publishing?
- Don't give up. I personally chose self-publishing because I don't make money at Inspired Truth. I couldn't afford traditional publishing and it was definitely a faster process than traditional publishing would have been. Marketing though, is a different story with self-publishing. Especially if you are not a known author.
What's your writing process?
- I write personal video blogs weekly. After almost a year, I was able to turn those blogs into a book. Fortunately, my blogs are already written in a book format, because initially, my blogs started out as a book.
Which character in Your Value as a Woman has had the greatest impact on readers?
If Your Value as a Woman were to be adapted for TV or film, who would you see in the lead role? Who did you have in your mind’s eye when you wrote him/her?
- I have never thought of my story becoming a movie so I have no idea.
How have readers responded to Your Value as a Woman?
- I have gotten positive feedback to the title. No reviews yet.
Where next? What are you working on now?
- I continue to work on material for Inspired Truth. I am thinking of a Marriage and Family book with the remaining material of my blog. Just unsure at this time.
In order to be a successful woman, you need to determine your value. Did you know that your value system and belief system together help determine your value as a woman? Do you want to challenge yourself and others to become women of value? This book will help you understand how to achieve a higher level of respect for yourself that will help you become a woman of value.